The Academy of American Poets - Sponsored by the Academy of American Poets, a non-profit organization, this site maintains one of the liveliest and most comprehensive poetry sites to foster the appreciation of contemporary American poetry.
Modern American Poetry - MAPS is a comprehensive learning environment and scholarly forum for the study of modern and contemporary American poetry including more than 30,000 pages of biographies, critical essays, syllabi and images relating to 161 poets.
The Poetry Foundation - Search by poet, category, occasion, title. first line, or glossary term.
Poets.org - From the Academy of American Poets
Poetry Out Loud
- Created by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation, Poetry Out Loud is administered in partnership with the State Arts Agencies of all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
Dickinson Electronic Archives
- Dickinson Electronic Archives (DEA) is a website devoted to the study of Emily Dickinson, her writing practices, writings directly influencing her work, and critical and creative writings generated by her work.
- Part of The Academy of American Poets site, this page is devoted to Robert Frost, one of the greatest American poets. It includes a short biography of the poet, his selected poems, and links to some external sites.
The Walt Whitman Archive
- The Walt Whitman Archive is an electronic research and teaching tool that sets out to make Whitman’s vast work, for the first time, easily and conveniently accessible to scholars, students, and general readers.
The William Blake Archive
- A hypermedia archive sponsored by the Library of Congress and supported by the Preservation and Access Division of the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities at the University of Virginia, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Sun Microsystems and Inso Corporation.